A man suffering from an ‘unknown disease’ has refuted claims that he has been bewitched. David Ngugi , who has been in and out of hospi...
A man suffering from an ‘unknown disease’ has refuted claims that he has been bewitched.
David Ngugi , who has been in and out of hospitals in the city, is alleged to have been bewitched after he stole a Kamba woman’s phone. But he has disputed the claims.
It is claimed that after stealing the phone, his leg developed complications and doctors are yet to establish the cause of the ailment.
When The Nairobian visited Ngugi in hospital, he claimed that he was recuperating and that he injured his leg following a fall as he ran from police.
“I fell on the ground and injured my leg and before I knew it, I had been arrested and taken to cell. After being released, all these complications started,” Ngugi said, adding that, “I don’t understand why people are spreading rumours that I was bewitched.”
His guardian, Monicah Wairimu Kori, said that it pains her to see her son suffer.
“We are broke and the hospital bill is accumulating with each day that passes. Doctors have been referring us from one hospital to another, but we are trusting in God for a miracle. We have been recycling bandages since we cannot afford to buy new ones,” she said.
Wairimu is appealing to well-wishers to help her raise the money to settle the hospital bill.
